Palazzo di Città, a former Franciscan convent of San Cataldo, was edified in 1506 by the Minor Observants next to a pre-existent church of the same name that had been erected on the spot where a miraculous apparition of the saint in 1483 had taken place, a time when a tragic plague ravaged here.
Converted as the seat of the Municipality in 1887, the former convent was restored in 1968.
In the cloister are kept some of the landmark stones that where found on the sides of the Apian Way.
On the first floor of the Palazzo di Città, next to the Council Hall, one can admire the Madonna del Latte (Madonna of Milk), a sculpture that dates back to 1540 and is attributed to Paolo da Cassano, probably the right Chapel of the Chiesa Matrice, and the stone medallion depicting one of the De Franza brothers, owners of the ducal palace that was on Piazza di Vagno, that was later destroyed in 1922.
In the Giunta (Board) room there is a fresco that depicts the Deposition, a work bearing a definite Ferrara influence and dated from about the end of the 15th century or the beginning of the 16th century.