Dating back to the Norman era, this cathedral was rebuilt and extended in late-Gothic style (XV – XVI centuries) by Duke Francesco II Del Balzo in 1350.
It was transformed in Baroque style and restored to its original form. It has three aisles which are divided with a transept from the vast presbytery. The CRYPT also makes for an interest visit.
This is an early Christian church (VII - VIII) with two aisles and transept trusses. It is dedicated to St. Salvatore and hosts the tombs of two of Frederick II’s wives: Jolanda of Brienne and Isabelle of England.