The Basilica is located 2 km from Andria and is built on three levels. The oldest part, starting from the bottom, was discovered in 1576 and has a single hall with three naves. Half way up the staircase that leads to the Basilica on top, you will find the Church of the Crucifix.
The floor plan is like a Greek cross, and is entirely frescoed with scenes and symbols representing the Passion of Christ. On the main altar there is the altarpiece with the Crucifixion of Jesus.
The church has a basilical plan and dates from the 17th century and has been attributed to the architect Cosimo Fanzago da Bergamo. The plan has three naves and fourteen columns that hold the presbytery under the cupola.
On the lateral naves where there are four marble altars, two chapels open up that are dedicated to the Crucifix and to Saint Benedict. The basilica is decorated with imposing paintings from the 18th century that have been attributed to the Neapolitan painter Alessio d’Elia.