The ancient Synagogue of "Scola Grande", built in 1247, as an Hebrew inscription found in the temple testifies, then turned into a church and dedicated to the Saints Quirico and Giovita first and to "St. Ann" later, stands on Via La Giudea.
Completely isolated from the surrounding buildings, it was altered a lot during the "Christian" period. Of the original structure, it still maintains the external wall apparatus, the dome set in the inferior part of the octagonal drum and, on the façade, above the secondary walled up entrance, a small spired tympanum, which probably use to crown the “aròn” meant to be kept inside.
The Synagogue is reborn today as a Section of Jewish Art.
The afternoon opening time refers only to Saturdays and Sundays.