The history of this church is linked to the Bishop Desidie who granted the inhabitants of the village of Trimoggia tranfer inside the walls of the city, Norman at the time, in the St.Andrea quarter. Here, in 1104, the first chirch was built, expanded by the Del Balzo family and then turned into Baroque style by the Carafa family. The facade still in neo-classic style was reworked aroung the first decade of the XIX century. The inside is a single room with six lateral chapels with remarkable pieces of value.
The canvases representing the Crucifixion, the Carmel Virgin, the Last Supper, the medallions recounting the life of St. Nicola and the two frescoes decorating the apse are attributed to the Molfetta painter, Vito Calò, disciple of Giaquinto. The great canvas, towering over the portal's inner door, already belonging to the St. Maria dei Miracoli Basilica, may be dated around the XVIII century and represents the King of Israel, winner of Nicarore. The High Altar, in polychrome marble, always XVIII century, has a frontal with zoomorphic depictions relating to the Evangelists. Above, on the ciborium, instead, are inscribed the symbols of bread and wine and a chorus of angels. In the lateral medallions is represented the sacrificial rite of a bull and a lamb.
Besides, in the church are preserved a wood XVIII century crucifix and the Saint Nicola processional silver bust.